Located in Stellenbosch, the farm of Welmoed was first granted to Governor Simon van der Stel in 1690. Over the years, many great wines have been produced in the Welmoed cellar.
Today, Welmoed maintains its proud winemaking tradition. The brand has built up a solid reputation both in South Africa and selected overseas markets.
The Welmoed range is led by varietal specifics, and placing quality ahead of price, these approachable wines combine a proud sense of history with Welmoed’s distinctive carefully crafted approach.
- Winemaker: Bernard Claassen
- Monday to Friday: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sunday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Public Holidays: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Religious Holidays: Closed
Seasonal hours may apply. Phone ahead before visiting to confirm times and avoid disappointment.
Last updated 16 May 2016. Report an error.