Pearl Mountain wines are inspired by the dedication of 5 generations of Retiefs to this unique tract of terrior. The farm produces two ranges, Retief and Stubborn Man, under the Pearl Mountain label. All the grapes are grown on the farm and are sourced from single block vineyards on the cool, east-facing slopes of the Paarl Mountain.
Originally established in 1747 as a blacksmith’s home and forge, today it is home to Pearl Mountain Wines, Blacksmith’s Kitchen, and The Venue @ Pearl Mountain.
- Winemakers: Robert Frater (2004, Frater Family Wines), Lisha Nelson (2016, Nelson Family Vineyards)
- Viticulturist: Graham Retief
- Tuesday to Sunday: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Public Holidays: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Religious Holidays: Closed
Seasonal hours may apply. Phone ahead before visiting to confirm times and avoid disappointment.
Last updated 16 May 2017. Report an error.