Klawer Wine Cellar is the gateway to the Olifants River Valley and offers a warm and friendly welcome to visitors. Just outside the town and a stones throw from the N7 route, the impressive facade of the Klawer Cellar dominates. This attractive building houses the office and sales complex of the entertainment area. Luncheons for large groups can be offered here, but bookings have to be made beforehand.
The cellars aim is to produce top quality wines through the limited production of cultivars such as Shiraz, Sauvignon Blanc and Pinotage. The Klawer wines include a comprehensive variety of dry whites and reds, as well as sparkling wine, semi-sweet, Late Harvest, Special Late Harvest and dessert wines.
- Winemakers: Bennie Avenant (Senior Winemaker), Roelof van Schalkwyk (Red Winemaker), Christo Beukes, Cerina van Niekerk
- Monday to Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Public Holidays: By Appointment
- Religious Holidays: Closed
Seasonal hours may apply. Phone ahead before visiting to confirm times and avoid disappointment.
Last updated 16 June 2016. Report an error.