Boutique wines from the vineyards surrounding Stellenbosch’s historic Devon Valley Hotel
SylvanVale is the name given to the vineyards surrounding the historic Devon Valley Hotel. Built in 1947, the hotel is a well-known Stellenbosch landmark and generations of Stellenbosch residents have fond memories of enjoying a drink or a meal while sitting on the hotel patio overlooking the vineyards. These vineyards now produce the SylvanVale wines for the Louis family.
SylvanVale produces a range of handmade ’boutique’ wines, including the superb full-bodied Pinotage Reserve, matured in new French oak; a crisp and fruity dry Rosé made entirely from Cabernet Sauvignon; and the rich but dry Chenin Blanc.
Winemaker: Mark Carmichael-Green
Phone ahead before visiting to confirm times and avoid disappointment.
Current Status: Open
- Monday to Sunday: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Public Holidays: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Religious Holidays: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Physical Address: Devon Valley Road, Stellenbosch
- Postal Address: PO Box 68, Stellenbosch, 7599
- GPS: 33°54'12.5"S 18°48'57.7"E