Fine Food & Wine, home of quality preserves, wine and meat
Nuweland produces the following wines: Nuweland Sauvignon Blanc, Haasbek Tinta Barocca, Juan II (the second), Makstok Pinotage, 18 Mei Grenache, Gesuierde Sauvignon Blanc and Bosstok Steen.
The Louw family owns the Vyge Valley Farm Stall, filled with Mariëtha Louw’s gourmet preserves and other country eats, and adjacent Wine House, stocked with their own wines and those of nearby producers.
In their Swartland cellar, hugely enthusiastic and passionate winemaking son Juan switched to whole-bunch fermentation with natural yeasts for his red wines and changed the labels to his mother tongue, Afrikaans. To date Juan is the only winemaker in South Africa who fortifies sun-dried grapes.
Share with us the winemakers motto “As long as I can enjoy a good wine, I’ll be a rich man.”
Seasonal hours may apply. Phone ahead before visiting to confirm times and avoid disappointment.
- Monday to Sunday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Public Holidays: Closed
- Religious Holidays: Closed
- Telephone: +27 22 492 2586
- Cellphone: +27 79 528 6631
- Fax: +27 86 568 0930
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.nuweland.za.net
- Postal Address: PO Box 283, Malmesbury, 7299
- Join them on Facebook
- Follow them on Twitter
- Physical Address: Vygevallei Farm Stall, Darling Road (R315), Malmesbury
- GPS: 33°24'03.87"S 18°16'41.73"E
Winemaker: Juan Louw jnr.